Office Management During COVID-19 Outbreak
Please be advised that our clinic remains open. All of the doctors are working diligently to help guide you through these difficult times. Most of our visits with our patients will be done virtually (either by video-conference or telephone).
We would prefer that our patients book a virtual video appointment rather than telephone. These visits more closely simulate the in-office visit that we are all accustomed to. Once you have booked a video appointment, you will receive an e-mail providing you with the necessary information you will need to connect with your physician. Please test your connection prior to your booked appointment.
Patients can call the office to book a virtual appointment with their doctor. The patients of Dr. Caplan, Dr. Ashley, Dr. Mak, Dr. Cheung and Dr. Kreder can book through the health myself patient login noted in the link above.
Please note that we are NOT seeing any patients with cough, cold, sore throat or other flu like symptoms with or without fever in an office setting. We will be pleased to provide guidance to you through your booked VIRTUAL appointment on how to manage these symptoms at home.
Anxiety over Covid-19 and ‘what has to come’ had led many of us to worry about the future. This feeling is normal and expected, but you may wish to help to deal with your fears. Please speak with your doctor or refer to the bottom of the webpage for these useful guidance and support regarding Mental Health Organizations and Services; Mindfulness and Meditation Resources; and Mental Health/Crisis line Telephone Services.
If you are concerned about having possible symptoms of the Coronavirus please click on this link Covid- 19 self assessment.
Patient Criteria for COVID-19 Assessment Centre: UPDATED (May 14, 2020)
- Symptomatic patients experiencing one of the following symptoms:
- Fever (temperature of 37.8 degrees C or greater) without an alternate cause OR
- Any new or worsening:
- cough, shortness of breath
- sore throat or hoarse voice
- runny nose or sneezing, nasal congestion (if this is the only symptom, consider not testing if explained by other reasons such as seasonal allergies / post-nasal drip)
- new olfactory or taste disorder(s), e.g. anosmia (loss of smell)
- nausea & vomiting or diarrhea or abdominal pain without an alternate diagnosis
If you meet ANY of the above criteria, please visit the Assessment Centre located at:
20 Lynch Street, Brampton SOUTH ENTRANCE